A couple of weeks ago my sister-in-law voluteered to babysit while Geric and I had some alone time at Victoria Gardens. (Little did she know that Caden would draw all over her daughter’s wall with a black sharpie… gotta love that kid.) But Geric and I had a super duper good time and here are some of the discoveries that I made:
- The avocado egg rolls at California Pizza Kitchen are magical. They are simply delicioso and I think we inhaled them before the waitress had finished putting the plate down on the table. Yum, yum, yummy!
- It’s fun running into friends with their kids when you don’t have any in tow. But then again, I enjoy taunting people.
- Riding the escalator is a blast from the past! Usually my double stroller and I are hunting down the nearest elevator.
- When I’m shopping, I automatically think of getting something for my kids and I think I enjoy shopping for them more than I like shopping for myslef. Pathetic, I know.
- I don’t even know how to shop for myself! It was crazy! I guess I haven’t REALLY shopped for clothes since I was working full time, but I don’t really need nice (expensive) clothes from Banana Republic anymore. But I’m too much of a big girl to shop at American Eagle or Abercrombie. Then there’s the music some of the stores are playing… my God, can someone please turn down the volume!?!!? One store was playing music with lyrics that were so offensive that I actually left. I fianlly found a nice shirt at Macy’s. But I went back last week and exchanged it for a pair of sunglasses.
- Hanging out with my husband is sooooo much fun, especially when we don’t have our kids. We’re going to try and do a date night more often.