Today was a real crapper. In case you missed it, our AC broke. And in case you didn’t know, we live in the middle of a freakin’desert. It sucks. We called an air conditioner guy today and the big computer contraption in the AC fried, and it costs $300 to replace it. In case you missed it, my husband’s last paycheck comes at the end of this month and we haven’t gotten anything lined up to replace that paycheck. On top of all of that, my work shorted me half my paycheck today, Caden decided it would be fun to throw a whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet, and Jacob has a bad diaper rash, which equals a cranky baby. Then Geric had to go and do a wedding this evening, leaving me all by my lonesome. So, as I was complaining to myself over the dinner dishes (that I was doing by hand, no dishwasher) I thought, You know, there are a lot of people out there that have it was worse than you Mrs.DeVincenzo!!! Now, get your act together and start thinking on the bright side. You are blessed, missy! Extremely blessed! I would go so far as to say you are blessed abundantly (hee, hee Jess!) Now what are you thankful for? So, I made a list. Here it is:
1. I am thankful that I have Jesus in my life and that He gives me hope and peace during rocky times and joy on a daily basis and constantly reminds me that my little ol’ life is firmly planted in His hand and He will take care of me.
2. I am thankful that I have a husband who is alive and well and takes care of me and my kids and respects me and our vows and loves Jesus only slightly more than he loves me!
3. I am thankful that I have two beautiful boys that fill my heart to overflowing and drive me crazy and crack me up all at the same time.
4. I am thankful that I have a family that loves me to pieces and listens to me and supports me and encourages me. I have two parents that are still married and give me such a good example of a great marriage and are filled with so much wisdom. And I have two sisters that are nothing alike and nothing like me, but they are my best friends in the whole world.
5. I am thankful that I have friends that stand by me and don’t talk crap about me (at least that I know about!) and that some of those friends, I’ve known forever. Some of them grew up with me, some of them lived with me, some of them were in my wedding, and some of them (okay maybe just one) was there for the births of my sons. Not everyone can say that. Some people have very few friends and have really shallow relationships. Not me. My friends are an extension of my family.
6. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and even if this roof goes away I’ll always have some roof over my head. You’ll never see me on the streets of Riverside with a cardboard box and a grocery cart.
7. I’m thankful that places that I frequent (Target, the mall, my mom and dad’s house) all have functioning AC’s.
8. I’m thankful for my ability to cook. When all else fails, bake a lasagna. There, now isn’t that better?
9. I’m thankful that I live in a nice neighborhood. Not everyone can leave their doors and windows open at all hours of the day and night and still feel safe.
10. I’m thankful for my health. I can walk, I can talk, I can hear, I can see. I’m blessed.