I got a request to post my recipe for this yummy dish. It’s Caden’s favorite, and not to toot my own horn or anything, but everyone who has had it, loves it! When I moved to Honduras for 3 months my roommates boyfriend said that this is what he would miss the most about me… my casserole. Sweet, right?
It’s really simple. Here’s what you need.
- chicken flavored rice a roni (cooked according to package directions)
- small container of sour cream, about a cup
- a couple of heads of broccoli, cut and steamed
- rotissere chicken breasts, shredded
- grated cheddar cheese, about a cup
- pillsbury crescent rolls
In a 9 x 13 inch pan, spread out your rice. (If you’re healthy, I suppose you could use brown rice or white rice, but I really like chicken rice a roni.) On the rice, you’ll layer your sour cream, broccoli, chicken, and cheese. Finally, you’ll lay your crescent rolls on top of everything and put it in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Yummy!